Friday, May 3, 2013

Trash Detail

Data Collection Sheet: Here are some predictions.
  • I think I will mostly find paper. 
  • I think we will find a lot of plastic. 
  • I think I will pick up plastic bottles. 
  • My prediction is that we will find a lot of glass. 
  • I think we might find mostly glass because there's a lot of beach glass.
The Champions
     On Friday our class went to the beach to pick up trash. Tayen and I were the trash champions! I showed her a place on the side of the bushes with tons of trash that covered the ground. It was mostly plastic which was what I predicted. When i showed Tayen where I found it she yelled, "Holyits a trash castle." We collected so much. We filled up a small bag and the giant bag weighed 5 pounds! Then we took a picture together. Mrs. Brooks said, "Smile if you like trash!" And everyone smiled. I had a lot of fun, but I wish people would stop littering to take care of the earth. By Akasha

     I predicted that we will find a lot of plastic. It was a few days after Earth Day. We couldn't go on the really Earth Day because the weather was mostly rain. But that one day was different. I was so glad that we finally got to pick up trash. Most of the boys acted like girls' because girls don't like getting down and dirty. But the girls acted like boys just didn't mind getting dirty. We all put on our gloves. Mrs. Brooks said, "That we are having a contest." At the end the girls won. We won because one of the team mates saw a secret spot for finding garbage. But it wasn't for a prize it was so we can keep our planet clean. By Megan    
  
     I was predicting we would find paper. We found mostly plastic which was normal. Also Akasha and I were champs. We hit the jack pot under a house. I said, "This is a trash castle!" We found the most trash ever! It was so funny how we found so much trash. Our bag weighed 5 pounds. People should throw away their trash because there is a garbage can near by. By Tayen

     I predicted that we will get mostly glass because there's a lot of beach glass on the beach.  When we got to the beach we picked up pop bottles. I was surprised that we found plastic items on the beach. "That's a lot of plastic," I said. "Yeah it was," Coleton said. 
I noticed that people should throw away their trash since there's a garbage can nearby. By Jay.

   I predicted we mostly will find glass because there is a lot of beach glass. I found plastic, styrofoam, glass, paper, and other. My trash weighed 16 pounds. It was a good day to pick up garbage because it was nice out. I said, "My trash weighs 16 pounds." I noticed that my classmates picked up a ton of garbage. Mrs. Brooks said, "Lets have a contest." The girls won. They are champions of picking up garbage. Most of the plastic was pop bottles. I was shocked how many people throw away garbage on the beach. We need to keep our planet clean By Brady 


Trash Detail

They weighed and placed trash into categories. Paper, Styrofoam, Glass, Plastic, and Other.


No comments:

Post a Comment